Writing and Reflecting

Assignments

Phase 1: Multimodal Language & Literacy Narrative

with Cover Letter

Phase 2: Rhetorical Analysis/Response Piece in Two Genres

with Cover Letter

Phase 3: The Researched Essay

with Cover Letter

Phase 4: The Digital Portfolio & Self-Assessment Essay

*Cover Letter Prompts

These assignments might seem challenging or even overwhelming for you. I want to assure you that while I do want this class to be challenging, I will also support your work throughout the semester so that you don’t get overwhelmed. The assignments in this list will incorporate the work you do each week in class and for homework; these assignments are largely accumulations of all the work you do throughout the semester. As long as you stay engaged and up-to-date on all assignments, you should have no problem meeting the expectations for each of these larger papers. 

Reflection is a major part of the learning process as well as this course. Throughout the semester, you’ll be continually reflecting upon the work you have done as it relates to our Course Goals as well as your own personal growth. For phases 1 through 3, this reflection will take the form of cover letters which will be attached to each writing assignment. See handout on Cover Letter prompts for more information. For phase 4, you will reflect on the entire semester in your Self-Assessment Essay.